Coming Soon: Cubasis for iPad v1.3 Brings New StudioEQ 4-Band EQ, Brickwall Limiter, FLAC Support, AudioBus Improvements & More!
Steinberg have provided details of what to expect in version 1.3 of Cubasis for iPad, which will be submitted to Apple very soon. This version will include some new features including a new StudioEQ 4-band EQ and Brickwall Limiter, four insert effects per track instead of three, FLAC Import and Export, a CPU/Polyphony Meter, a MIDI Panic Button, and the ability to simultaneously assign Cubasis as an Audiobus input and output!
We are still missing some key features such as automation and MIDI Clock Sync, but we are told that they are working on the latter and it should be added in version 1.4!
Here’s the list of what’s coming in v1.3…
- New StudioEQ 4-band EQ (fixed position in every track + available as additional PlugIn).
- New Brickwall Limiter (fixed position in master bus)
- This means that you have now 4 insert effects per track instead of 3!
- FLAC Im- & Export (Import: 8/16/24/32-bit FLAC files, Export: 16-bit 44.1 kHz FLAC files).
- CPU/Polyphony Meter (CPU shows total usage of all cores, polyphony shows current polyphony as a fraction of max. polyphony selected in setup).
- MIDI Panic Button (Tap on button sends MIDI panic signal via CoreMIDI and stops all audio sources played by the audio engine).
- Cubasis can now be assigned as Audiobus input and output simultaneously.
- Audio routing for insert effects has been corrected to pre fader functionality.
- Input channel assignments of audio tracks will now be saved with the project file.
- Pitch bend data will be moved correctly when copying/pasting MIDI events.
- Audio editor ruler labels will now be displayed correct at higher zoom levels.
- Fixes a remaining problem where the input metering displays an incorrect value after an external audio device has been connected.
- Fixes a rare issue where mixdown in WAV and/or M4A format could not be completed successfully.
- Reverb and delay mix are automatically set to 100% when used as send effects.
- Effect overlays no longer get closed by accidental touch while editing parameters.
- The display of level meters (e.g. in the mixer, inspector) is no longer fast-paced.
- Changes to send effects are audible immediately after they have been edited.
- File names of audio and MIDI files are now updated correctly in the arrange window if these have been renamed in the editors.
- Editing of audio files that have been renamed now works as expected.
- Scrubbing of audio events has been corrected and starts at the position of the cursor.
- Multitouch operation in audio editor no longer stops playback.
- Opening the audio editor places the playhead at the beginning of the audio file.
- Audio editor selection markers snap to the edge of the view.
- Creating an audio mixdown during playback no longer provides wrong results.
- Audio tracks no longer lose sync if headphones are connected or disconnected during playback.
- Input monitoring no longer bleeds into the audio mixdown.
- Opening a zipped project containing audio tracks from another app like Mail or Safari no longer omits the audio files.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in DVD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depends on the device used)
• Record up to 24 tracks simultaneously!
• Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• MixConsole with over 10 effect processors
• Over 300 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Export projects to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Sequence other CoreMIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio
• Audio import from iTunes music library, AudioPaste, Wi-Fi server and iTunes file sharing
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• Audiobus support
"Cubasis now boasts one of the best implementations of Audiobus known to me."
Sebastian Dittmann, Audiobus developer
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
64 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7/6.5, Cubase Artist 7/6.5, Cubase LE AI Elements 6 or higher
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
Latest Release Notes - v1.7.2
Audio track freeze
Setup option to enlarge the audio recording buffer has been added.
New latency setup option added (IO buffer size can be adjusted between 128/256/512).
Maximum polyphony has been increased to a value of 128.
Audio track playback performance has been drastically increased on all devices.
New tracks will now be created below the selected track.
Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.
CPU/Polyphony display has been overhauled (please refer to In-App help for more details).
and more! For a complete list of new features, improvements and fixes please go to www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...