Coming Soon: Cubasis for iPad v1.2 Submitted to Apple (Changelog)
Steinberg have now submitted version 1.2 of Cubasis for iPad to Apple, and are hoping that it will be approved early next week. The update focusses on making the app rock-solid with many improvements to its operation as well as bug fixes.Â They have said that the next update will contain new features that they are already working on, including in-app purchases for more instruments.
Cubasis for iPad has caused quite a buzz in the iOS music community but unfortunately is missing some key features such as MIDI Clock Sync, a more complete MIDI specification and automation causing many people to hold off a purchase. There’s also currently no way to select mono inputs from your audio interface. It’s things like this that really let the app down and until these features are added and problems fixed it’s difficult to recommend it. Let’s hope that they listen to their users and implement these features soon!
Here’s the list of what’s coming in v1.2…
- Cubasis now supports up to 24 physical inputs giving you the possibility to record up to 24 audio tracks simultaneously!
- New information overlay for UNDO/REDO operations.
- Effect windows will now open immediately after they have been inserted.
- The overall stability of the app has been improved.
- The Audiobus integration has been improved and many user reported problems have been solved.
- Resolves a problem that occurred when undo and redo could lead to loss of audio data in some cases.
- Loading a project that contains Audiobus tracks no longer renders Cubasis unreliable.
- Recording audio tracks that are assigned to the microphone input of Audiobus work now as expected.
- Virtual MIDI can now be chosen in the MIDI connections panel of the inspector (independent of connected hardware devices or MIDI network connection settings).
- Importing zipped Cubasis project files that contain audio data no longer lead to missing audio files.
- The overall level of an audio mixdown no longer differs from the master output level of a project.
- Audio input settings can now be changed when working with audio interfaces that support more than two input channels.
- A problem that appeared when trying to select an audio input using audio interfaces with more than eight input channels was solved.
- The VU meter of a channel in the mixer now reacts accordingly to the panner position.
- UNDO and REDO operations after a track has been recorded no longer affect the input assignment of a track.
- UNDO and REDO operations after a track has been recorded no longer affect the track naming.
- UNDO changes within the audio editor no longer result in displaying partly invisible waveforms.
- The pitch bend range of MIDI tracks that are routed to external apps will now be played back correctly.
- The MediaBay view now remains at its position after an item has been deleted.
- Importing a Cubasis project file that contains a project name that already exists no longer fails.
- Solved a problem where the input metering displayed an incorrect value after an external audio device had been connected.
- Swipe horizontally over the MIDI channel numbers of the MIDI Connections to change the channel number.
- UNDO and REDO no longer reset user-defined track names to its default name.
- An issue that occurred after copy-pasting events has been solved.
- It is now possible to record pitch bend on top of existing MIDI events.
- The order of tracks no longer gets mixed up when importing MIDI tracks.
- The pitch wheel no longer keeps its position when closing the keyboard/drumpads while being used.
- A problem that occurred moving MIDI events that contained pitch bend data was solved.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in DVD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depends on the device used)
• Record up to 24 tracks simultaneously!
• Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• MixConsole with over 10 effect processors
• Over 300 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Export projects to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Sequence other CoreMIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio
• Audio import from iTunes music library, AudioPaste, Wi-Fi server and iTunes file sharing
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• Audiobus support
"Cubasis now boasts one of the best implementations of Audiobus known to me."
Sebastian Dittmann, Audiobus developer
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
64 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7/6.5, Cubase Artist 7/6.5, Cubase LE AI Elements 6 or higher
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
Latest Release Notes - v1.7.2
Audio track freeze
Setup option to enlarge the audio recording buffer has been added.
New latency setup option added (IO buffer size can be adjusted between 128/256/512).
Maximum polyphony has been increased to a value of 128.
Audio track playback performance has been drastically increased on all devices.
New tracks will now be created below the selected track.
Disabling solo states restores the states of previously muted tracks.
CPU/Polyphony display has been overhauled (please refer to In-App help for more details).
and more! For a complete list of new features, improvements and fixes please go to www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...