Clavia Release Nord Beat 2 – Adds Support for 6-tracks, Virtual MIDI, Clock Sync & More!
Clavia have released version 2.0 of Nord Beat – their free MIDI Step Sequencer for the iPad. The step sequencer has now been expanded to support 6-tracks so that the app continues to be the perfect companion for their updated Nord Drum 2 Modeling Percussion Synthesizer. Also, as well as using the app with any external MIDI drum module, synth or sampler, Nord Beat 2 can now also be used to control other compatible apps via Virtual MIDI. Other additions include Flam, 32th and 32 triplet modifiers for individual steps, and support for MIDI Clock Sync (both send and receive).
Check out this improvised live performance by Jon-Eirik Boska, where the Nord Drum 2 is sequenced from the Nord Beat 2 MIDI step sequencer for iPad (connected via an iRig MIDI interface).
- Step sequencer expanded to support 6 tracks
- Added Flam, 32th and 32 triplet modifiers for individual steps
- New MIDI settings menu with flexible MIDI output routings
- Send and receive MIDI Clock Sync
- Added the option to save a Program Change together with a program
Nord Beat 2 is a 6-track CoreMIDI Step Sequencer for iPad and a perfect companion for the Nord Drum 2 Modeling Percussion Synthesizer.
It can also be used with any external MIDI drum module, synth or sampler (or even other iPads app via Virtual MIDI).
- 8 Patterns
- 3 Velocity levels
- Velocity faders
- Adjustable pattern length (1-16)
- Copy/Paste patterns
- Flexible cueing system
- Step modifiers for Flam, 32th and 32 triplet notes
- Mute button for each track
- Tap Tempo
- Pad mode with velocity zones
- Load/Save song
- MIDI Setup (Channel/Note number)
- Flexible MIDI input/output routing
- Virtual MIDI support
Nord Beat 2 requires a CoreMIDI compatible MIDI interface.
See the Nord Beat app in action with the Nord Drum 2 here:
Please observe that Nord Beat does not produce audio on its own. It is a MIDI sequencer that sends MIDI messages to a CoreMIDI destination.
Latest Release Notes - v2.0.1
* iOS7 fixes
* Added support for 8 Banks
* Loading a song saved with a program will now wait until user answers "yes" or "no" on program change question before loading.
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...