Can’t play a chord, or have trouble coming up with the next chord progression? This app can aid your song-writing by assisting you with all chord-related matters.
With Chordassist, you don’t have to worry about always repeating the same boring chord progressions or memorizing complicated chord theory anymore. Just pick a chord that fits the melody or mood of your song from a suggested list to create professional-sounding chord progressions.
Suggestions for the next chord are generated from the app’s massive built-in database, together with the probability of each chord. You can choose to create simple chord progressions, or try something more complicated and advanced.
The app also has a play mode in which you can play chords at the touch of a finger, and allows you to change the voicing freely and enter custom chords. It is the perfect all-round assistant for all your DTM and song-writing activities.
- Tutorial video is available at the YouTube. URL is http://debone.jp/v
- Play chords with a single finger on the performance screen.
- Get suggested next chords based on a database of chord progressions on the suggest screen.
- Make your own chords on the chord entry screen.
- Change the voicing of chords on the edit voicing screen.
Included Sound Sources:
- Grand Piano
- Electric Piano
- VirtualMIDI OUT compatibility. The app can be connected to other synth apps or Macs to be used as a virtual keyboard.
- Created chord progressions can be managed with saving and loading features.
- Sharp and flat conversion.
- There is no automatic performance feature.
- There is no record or play feature.
- The chord suggest feature is orientated towards popular music.
- This app can not be used in VoiceOver environment
Latest Release Notes - v1.2
- Audiobus correspondence.
- Add to Organ tone.
- Fixed an issue with character shifted iOS7.
Screenshots & Videos
Do you have trouble playing chords? Or creating chord progressions? If you’re struggling with chords, then this composition assistant app could be the solution to these problems and more.
You Might Also Like...