Apple Add AudioBus Support to GarageBand – AudioBus SDK Goes Public!
Apple have released version 1.4 of GarageBand. The update adds support for AudioBus so you can play and record other AudioBus compatible music apps directly into GarageBand!
Other improvements include a new option to turn off grid snapping to get finer control over region and note editing and fixed an issue that resulted in feedback while connecting 3rd-party audio accessories into the headphone/microphone jack.
In other related news, we’ve been told today that the SDK for the AudioBus audio routing framework is now publicly available for all iOS developers. The public release comes after having reached over 100 compatible applications during the SDKâ€™s closed beta.
“After a three-month closed beta, the Audiobus Software Development Kit (SDK) is being made available to the public today. The SDK, which allows apps to support the Audiobus inter-app audio routing platform, has already been integrated into more than 100 apps including Animoog, Figure, BeatMaker 2, Auria, and KORGâ€™s entire iOS app lineup. Over 1,000 additional developers have signed up to add Audiobus support to their apps.
The Audiobus SDK beta has already had an extremely positive response from developers. Alex Mathieu, developer of Glitchbreaks said, â€œIt is a fantastic SDK to work with, and the people developing it are super helpful, and extremely responsive.â€
Developers can get access to the Audiobus SDK, read the extensive documentation and communicate with other developers at the Audiobus Developer Center.
To celebrate the public release of the SDK AudioBus is currently half price. So if you haven’t already done so go grab it now! The price is currently $4.99 (usually $9.99).
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects.* Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance. GarageBand now takes song creation to the next level with support for up to 32 tracks.** Get even more sounds for GarageBand with a one-time in-app purchase or record popular third-party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with an acoustic and electronic drum kit
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects*
• Use the Sampler to create an instrument from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard*
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings*
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard*
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds*
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums*
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks** using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using Airdrop for iOS
* Requires one-time in-app purchase for the complete collection of GarageBand instruments and sounds.
** 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
Latest Release Notes - v2.0
• All-new streamlined design
• Create a song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Record compatible Third-Party music apps using Inter-App Audio in iOS 7
• Drag and drop audio recordings to create Sampler instruments
• Support for AirDrop in iOS 7
• 64-bit support
* Requires devices with the A7 chip.16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation)
Screenshots & Videos
You Might Also Like...