AG-7 Midi Guitar (iPhone)
The AG-7 Midi Guitar is an amazingly fun and useful tool for performing and recording guitar parts. You need no cables – the midi information is streamed over your wifi network to your recording software.
Even if you can’t play guitar, there are 72 of the most common chords available just by pushing of a couple of buttons. Whether strumming or picking with your finger, an expressive performance is possible due to the dynamic velocity control – pick or strum closer to the neck for quieter notes, closer to the bridge for more power. The “Tilt Trem” can be switched on or off giving you the option of full-on whammy bar effects, gentle vibrato, or rock solid tuning.
- 72 of the most popular chords in popular music.
- Sounds are limited only by your computer recording software – try using the AG-7 to control a synthâ€¦ a brass sectionâ€¦. even drums!
- A transpose function allows you to change a song’s key while still playing the chords as written. It allows up to 2 octaves up or down.
- A large MUTE button to stop the virtual strings from virtually vibratingâ€¦. useful for organ parts etc.
- A midi channel selector. Most modern recording software accepts messages on any channel. Just in case yours doesn’t, I’ve added a channel selector for you.
What You Need:
- A modern computer running Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux. (Mac OS X is highly recommended for lowest latency)
- Download and install the free DSMI MIDI server from our website. Further setup instructions can be found there too.
- A midi capable recording setup. For simplicity Apple’s Garageband is great!
- A wifi network
- Because this is a midi controller, it makes no sound by itself. It’s not a toy guitar app!
How to use:
(using Apple’s Garageband as an example)
1. Start the DSMI MIDI server
2. Start Garageband
3. Choose a software instrument
4. Start the AG-7 app
5. Start picking!!!
You Might Also Like...