Today Ableton announced Live 10 – their upgrade that brings redesigned look, some new devices, native integration with M4L and more.
I’m really excited about few features here:
– Capture – it records what you’ve played recently even if you didn’t push record button. Sick!!!
– Groups within groups – one of the most wanted features
– Better Push interface (Push now shows EQ bands, Notes in the sequencer view and more)
I was not inspired by new devices actually. While everyone have Serum this days a new Waveform doesn’t make much sense I think…
In the recent Propellerhead Reason 10 upgrade I found those new synths much more inspiring…
And there are still missing features that are must have in 2017:
– MPE support – with all the cool Roli devices it is strange to see no support for MPE
– VST3 support – still not there…
– comping – many users are asking about this. And it is not there.
Overall it is good to see Live finally updated to 10. And I hope they implement more cool stuff in future update.