A Noise Machine HD (iPad)
An experiment in touch based controls of pitch and volume for multiple tones resulted in an app that’s fun to interact with, and produces a wide range of different sounds and textures.
Drag some dots into the work area and carefully position for controllable out of phasing, or shake the device to randomize the pattern.
- Use touch to position up to 40 tones in the work space
- Beats to set up rhythms, with individual tempo multipliers
- Slider controls for motion setup
- Pause so you can grab the fast moving ones
- Save/load your patterns
- Auto save/load of active composition when exiting/starting app
- Shake device to randomize all active tones
- Individual tone motion and beat randomisation button
- Apply feedback to the pattern to put the ‘noise’ in noise machine
- Help screen
You Might Also Like...