Development: Audeonic Apps Announce MidiBus!
Audeonic Apps, the developers behind the excellent MidiBridge, have announced MidiBus – a C and Obj-C source code library for developers to add comprehensive MIDI support to their apps. It is based on the MIDI engine in MidiBridge.
- Sits on top of CoreMIDI (in no way replaces it)
- Automatically makes your app ‘well behaved’ and OMAC compliant in the CoreMIDI ecosystem
- Defines sensible virtual MIDI ports for your app
- Provides a sample decoupled UI for allowing users to manage MIDI settings in your app like enabling inputs, setting MIDI channels, adding clock, jitter handling; things every CoreMIDI aware app should support but generally doesn’t.
- Provides standalone (no registrations needed) fast-switching support via MIDI message or the sample UI to other apps
- Prevent users creating MIDI loops and ‘dubious’ connections.
- Provides some basic event filtering which can be expanded by the developer
- Adds MIDI thru routing support to apps if appropriate,
At it’s simplest it is a cut down implementation of MidiBridge that any developer can incorprate into their own application. Users do not need to buy proprietary apps to use it.
MidiBus is still in development, so the above features may change. Developers will be able to try it out once it goes into beta. For more information visit midib.us.
You Might Also Like...